Harness the power of Infrastructure as Code (IaC), and learn how Azure Bicep can save you time by automating your Azure resource creation. Avoid problems such as environment drift by creating files that describe the resources you'd like to create in Azure - no more messing about in the Azure portal!
This course, targeted towards beginners and those with some experience with traditional Azure Resource Manager JSON files, covers a range of topics designed to help you get started with using Bicep.
In this nearly 1 hour course made up of tutorial and how-to demonstration videos, you'll learn:
- What is Infrastructure as Code (IAC) and how does Bicep relate?
- How to create Bicep templates and deploy them to Azure
- Fundamentals when working with Bicep templates, such as loops and conditional logic
- How to modularise your templates for enhanced reusability and simplicity
Each lesson is accompanied by links to more information where available. Some lessons also include Bicep template files so you can follow along at your own pace, or get started deploying right away!
1. Introduction to Infrastructure as Code
2. What is Bicep?
3. Benefits of Bicep
4. Setting up your Bicep development environment
5. Create your first Bicep template
6. Deploying your first Bicep template
7. Parameters, variables & outputs
8. Expressions & functions
9. Loops and if conditions
10. Converting ARM templates to Bicep
11. Build ARM templates from Bicep files
12. Modularising ARM templates with Bicep
13. Conclusion & what's next?
+ tutorial sample code to follow along
Includes course videos plus sample code to follow along with.